You know that old saying about when life brings you lemons?
Yesterday was one of those lemonade days. A day after you've had lemons that you have ignored.
Last week I has some significant, to me, health issues that left me out of commission for a few days. Nothing that big but enough that I knew something was up and that I didn't have the answer. Couldn't even ask the right questions to find the right answer.
Yesterday after chit chatting with a friend she pointedly asked "How have you been?" And I told her.
I am so thankful for that interaction. For the light she was able to shed on the situation. For a name so I could look for information. Grateful and blessed for the answers to come sooner than later. To come from a friend. To come when I'm not in pain and can listen. Yet the pain, dizziness, and nauseous recent enough that I am willing to listen.
Information that will force changes in my diet that I've long said I was willing to make ... with the right motivation. Options that I know exist and like but haven't been willing to do the work because I didn't *need* to. :) Well, now I need to.
The trigger foods turn out to be my entire breakfast and my daily snacks. They are all listed on the short list of things to avoid.
The eat list contains, among others, 2 foods that I've often thought "When I am a real grown up I will find a way to eat those." :) I have been provided the opportunity to do just that.
The up shot is that I'll go back to juicing after a 13+ year hiatus. I'll eat significantly more raw foods. Mom would be proud.
The icing on the cake, if you will, was as I left the dear friend, before I knew what changes I would have to make, a 3rd and 4th friend were taking about how much #3 had lost after going returning to a raw lifestyle. Little did I know that that raw and juicing was soon to be part of my life again. After 5+ weeks of a new workout program and a loss of 4 pound (and no change in the way clothing fits) I am ready for raw and juicing in hopes to see some actual changes in my body.
It is all good and I am excited to be on this new branch of my journey.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment